Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71

Thread: all district football

  1. #61
    Inactive Member BORNRED's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2005
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    who from burton do you think shouldnt have made it? from the games i saw i know a couple that were questionable that made it. you can send me a pm,i was just curious of your opinion.

  2. #62
    Inactive Member raider75's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2007
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    I think it was very fair. Just because you don't make the headlines each week. The players from Burton were all very deserving!!!

  3. #63
    Inactive Member TheSkulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2007
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    There are a couple on there from Norton that made me say hmmmmm.... And this is nothing against the kids, I am sure they were flattered to make it and it wasn't their decision, but, I watched every Burton game this year with the exception of TW and here is my opinion for what it's worth.

    1. Caleb Caudill (1st Team WR) Not for sure if he even caught a pass this year. Should have been more like HM.

    2. Marcus Ward (2nd Team RB) But when you are giving 4 backs 1st team and 4 2nd team what can you do, that is about all in the district. Ward played hard but was more like HM.

    3. McGraw - (2nd Team DL) I don't even know who this kid is, could be a misprint.

    4. Hensley - (HM WR) Again, don't think he even caught a pass, don't see how you can make All-LPD at Wideout without catching a pass, I know blocking has part of it but if you add in the 1,000 holding penalties we had this year by our wideouts that throws that argument out.

    Again, nothing against the players, don't want some Dad or family member to cuss me out for stating my opinion. Just what I saw this year.

    But when you try to make everybody happy by giving out 4 awards at each position they gotta find somebody to fill the spots whether they are deserving or not. Pretty much a complete joke. As 722 stated and several others, you only need 1 award for each position on the field with maybe 2 at RB.
    [img]http://www.mitchkuzma.com/images/Volquest/EricBerry/EricBerryHeisman300W.jpg[/img]

  4. #64
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    Skulls, you definitely about hit the bullseye on the names. I couldnt even think of Ward, so you're one up on me.

    I guess when I was looking at the receivers, I was kind of wondering why someone like Meade wasn't on there from Clintwood, at least an honorable mention, that's one that I kind of thought might be a misprint.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #65
    Inactive Member TheSkulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2007
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    I just went back and looked, you mean to tell me and maybe I missed it somewhere, Tre Meade didn't even make 1st, 2nd, or HM at Wideout for All District. That is nuts. We had two WR's on the team (1st and HM) and neither one of them caught a ball that I am aware of, unless it was in mop up time. Tre Meade caught was I think ended up being the game winning TD against Burton in the Reg D finals, that catch alone surpassed anything the others did. That is asinine.
    [img]http://www.mitchkuzma.com/images/Volquest/EricBerry/EricBerryHeisman300W.jpg[/img]

  6. #66
    Inactive Member alice lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2008
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    It is amazing that Clintwood only had 1 1st team o lineman. With a 1700+ yard rusher and the top qb, I think all o lineman for Clintwood deserved 1st or 2nd team. Makes you wonder how a coach decides which player to give up in order to get certain players on the team. Also, why is there no 2nd team, hm etc return specialist-- the list could go on. I think the coaches should do the kids a service and do away with the all district teams altogether, beause it is clearly evident year after year coaches keep with a certain agenda. It is a team sport, the champion of the league, region, etc speaks for itself IMO.

  7. #67
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    Burton shouldnt have any offensive linemen make all district. Little league players could block the jetsweep for Coleman and Miles.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  8. #68
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    I think that the Norton linemen did their job, especially with a few going out to injury. Some younger players had to step up and I have no problem with them being recognized for that. I just think that there are times when the obviously political nature of the awards are very unfair. I realize that it's a difficult task, and like every other award, there are going to be people rewarded who may not deserve it, and others who deserve to be rewarded who aren't.

    I still say congrats to all who made it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #69
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    Trey Meade not making it as a wr on any team is a joke. Just someone please answer me one question. If you do not have catches at the wide receiver position, how can you make All-District? A wide receiver CATCHES the ball AND blocks. Just going on blocking alone makes you a lineman right? Just trying to analize the logic in voting but I guess I might as well bang my head on the floor.

  10. #70
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: all district football

    I just am staying kind of level headed about it, because I think last year there was some names not listed that made it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •